Saturday 17 August 2013

*Sensationail*

I don't think I'm overly girly, but obviously I am a girl and I do like to look like one. Most of the time I have the best intentions of painting my nails but only get around to it every once in a while, even then it doesn't seem to stay nice for that long and either chips off or gets picked off. Not a good look... 

So when my bestie got me a Sensationail kit for my Birthday I was quite excited. A little faff every couple of weeks for pretty fingers, sounds good to me.

Like I said before the sickly Barbie pink that came with the kit wasn't really me, but gave it a go, and actually I didn't hate it. 

You have to make sure your nails are clean, use a gel base coating, base coat, 2 coats of colour and top coat. Using the U.V. lamp in the kit to set each coat in 30 - 60 second. You have to avoid the shin because the polish heats up under the lamp, but I think I did alright for my first attempt.


It lasted perfectly for the first whole week, and the first chip appeared on the following Tuesday, chipped a little bit more but not too much, and I am a picker so most of that was my own fault. So all in all I think it lasted amazingly well. I was impressed anyway, it made my nails feel a lot stronger and you can see in the picture where it has grown up. Picture was taken on the 13th day.


So all in all very happy and will definitely be using it again, in fact I have today. You can use it with normal nail polish you just can't use the U.V. light to dry it as it will melt, which is what I have done they are a nice dark purple now, just have to see if they last as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment