Tuesday 3 September 2013

Blueberry Muffins


Last week after we had planned to get the tandem, I decided to make some Blueberry Muffins for the picnic, so Friday night I did. I got all my shiznit together and picked a recipe from my Hummingbird Bakery book.


Mixed everything together using my not very fancy £15 hand mixer, (I am desperate for a fancy orange Kenwood mixer, but can't justify the cost at the moment...) it did the job. I did however realise too late that I should have put my apron on, my t-shirt was covered in flecks of muff mix, oh well that's what washing machines are for.




My first batch were a complete disaster, so obviously I didn't take a picture. I think my oven my be on it's last legs, or it's just grumpy and temperamental. I cooked them as instructed at 170 degrees for 20-25 mins, but when they came out they were pretty much still cake mix. We still ate them though, who doesn't love cake mix? Don't pretend you don't lick the bowl.



For the next lot I turned it up to 190 and let them cook for 30-35 mins, they looked better but not quite as I had hoped. Anyway lesson learnt, and it's a good excuse to practise a little more to suss out my crazy oven.


What did you last bake?

No comments:

Post a Comment